Skill Development Courses:
1. DDUGKY & PMKVY:
SIMS Healthcare is the Project Implementation partner to the Ministry of Rural Development, DDU-GKY & PMKVY projects. SIMS Healthcare is the leading skilling & upskilling institution to train & build technical skills among unemployed rural youth to achieve sustainable employment in India. Their contribution to the healthcare sector will create greatest impact in patient-care, academic impact on the student and socio-economic impact for the nation and the households below the poverty line.. On completion of training & assessment, successful candidates will join the leading healthcare brands in India & across the globe. The courses offered for healthcare skilling are:
- i. General Duty Assistant (GDA)
- ii. Home Health Aide (HHA)
- iii. Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
- iv. Pharmacy Assistant
- 10th/12th dropouts
- Minimum Entry Age: 15 yrs.
2. Nurse 360 – A Competent Nurse:
Nurse 360 Course is an up skilling program for Nurses to bridge the skill gap and enhance the clinical nursing skills and enable nurses gain practical on the ground skills, knowledge and experience to work efficiently and deliver patient care with utmost confidence. The main objectives of the course are
- To perform the job role confidently
- To ensure quality Care is delivered
- To make Nurses employable at good pay package
- Nurses in Integrated Practise, GNM/B.Sc. Nurses, Experienced Nurses
- Minimum Entry Age: 18 yrs.
Course Outcomes & Impact on Nurses:
At the conclusion of Nurse 360 course, the Nurse will attain proficiency in
- Communication Skills
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Clinical Decision Making
- Time Management
- Humanistic Skills
- Creative Problem Solving Skills
- Hands On Procedural Skills
- Professional Ethics
- Self-Directed online -Learning Management System (LMS) only
- Self-Directed online (LMS) & Face-to-Face learning
- Self-Directed online (LMS) & Hands on training in clinical settings
- Blended learning approach (F2F, LMS & Clinical training)
- Case scenario assisted learning
- Video sessions, Role-play sessions
- On the Job Practical Skill Training
4. Soft skills For Nurses:
Soft skills are a crucial component in nursing because they foster a collaborative, respectful and efficient workforce. Not only do nurses have to be clinically competent, they also must know how to relate to patients so they can improve the chances for better outcomes. Nurses without soft skills may fail to properly interact with patients, coworkers and other healthcare professionals, which may jeopardize a patient's health by obstructing the flow of care.
Patients who feel dismissed or struggle to comprehend their diagnosis and treatment options may become confused, agitated or unresponsive, which can affect their well-being. Nurses must show confidence in their abilities and take the time to dutifully convey information to patients so they understand their conditions and the interventions available to them.
Through the use of soft skills, nurses can effectively communicate with others and boost patient satisfaction. Examples of important soft skills are:
- 1. Communication
- 2. Eye contact
- 3. Active Listening
- 4. Accountability
- 5. Team work
- 6. Critical thinking & problem solving
The workshop helps nurses to develop the essential skills Before, During and After patient interaction and to build Nursing Excellence.
Duration – 4 Days
Eligibility – Student Nurses, Registered Nurses
5. BEFIRST Training:
Basic Emergency First Responder Skill Training (BE FIRST)
The Emergency Medical Responder course prepares the EMR student to provide pre hospital assessment and care for patients of all ages with a variety of medical conditions and traumatic injuries. Areas of study include an introduction to emergency medical services systems, roles and responsibilities of EMRs, medical emergencies, trauma, and special considerations for working in the pre hospital setting.
The impact of the training imparted and the importance created in the emergency situation of anyone of their lives.
Course Duration : 4 hours
Eligibility : Any one!
Course Fee : Rs. 800/ - per candidate
- Chest pain – causes, symptoms and management
- Choking - causes, symptoms and management
- Stroke - causes, symptoms and management
- Abdominal pain - causes, symptoms and management
- Seizures / Fits and its management
- Burns and its management
- Drowning and its management
- Electrocution and its management
- Poisoning and its management
- Fractures and its management
- Spine injuries - causes, symptoms and management
- Abrasions, lacerations and wounds
- Heat stroke and its management
- Hypoglycemia - causes, symptoms and management
- Snake bite and its management
After successful completion of training you will be able to respond confidently for the following Basic Life Saving Techniques.
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
- Using Automated External Defibrillator.
- Adult, child &infant chocking.
- Medical Emergencies and its Management: Cardiac Arrest, Heart Attack, Stroke, Breathing Difficulty, Seizures/Fits, Diabetes, Fainting, Hypoglycemia, Sunstroke, Poisoning, Drowning.
- Injury Emergencies and its Management: Fractures, Bleeding, Electrocution, Burns and Wounds
- Environmental Emergencies and its Management: Snake/ Insect Bite.